October 16, 2020.
- FPAI and Villgro are together inviting pitches from individuals and startups relating to sexual and reproductive health
- FPAI, Villgro are looking for revolutionary technological solutions to specific problem statements
- Winners of the Innovation Challenge will be awarded a cash prize of up to Rs. 3.5 lakhs
THD NewsDesk, New Delhi: India’s top incubator for social enterprises, Villgro along with Family Planning Association of India (FPAI) declared the launch of Innovation Challenge in October. The Innovation Challenge is a new endeavour to give ingenious ideas in the field of sexual and reproductive health (SRH) a platform.
FPAI is a civil society organisation envisioned to formulate health services in the sector of sexual and reproductive health. Whereas, Villgro aims to curate innovative enterprises built to revolutionise energy, education, health and agribusiness.
Elucidating on the relevance of programs like the Innovation Challenge in India, Srinivasan Ramanujam, CEO of Villgro said,
“India lags behind many countries in the development of infrastructure to deal with sexual and reproductive health problems. With the vibrant innovation ecosystem we have seen in the startup space in India, we expect disruptive solutions in SRH and also provide a platform for many entrepreneurs and innovators to convert their ideas into sustainable business models.”
- Call for applications: 9th Oct to 30th Oct.
- Immersion program: 5th Nov to 15th Nov.
- Rapid prototyping and preparation for virtual pitches: 16th Nov to 28th Nov.
- Virtual Pitches and Presentation for final cash award: 29th Nov to 3rd Dec.
Applications are open to individual innovators and teams of innovators who are citizens of India. Startups wishing to pitch in ideas about SRH can also apply.
The program challenges startups and innovators to provide technological solutions to one of the following problem statements:
- Technology-driven solutions for multilingual comprehensive sexual education
- Affordable, easy to use solutions for early diagnosis of pregnancy
- Eco-friendly, affordable, easy to use solutions for dispensing and disposing of sanitary napkins
- Easy and Early diagnosis of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Affordable, multiparameter, ovulation monitoring and management solutions
Prizes and perks:
- The winner selected from the shortlisted 15 innovators/startups will be awarded a cash prize of up to Rs 3.5 lakhs.
- Innovators selected for the Immersion program may enjoy the added perk of gaining valuable contacts to help with funding and support for their ideas.
- Shortlisted candidates for the immersion program will be mentored industry experts to create a pilot prototype solution.
Throwing light on the sensitive topic of sexual and reproductive health among the young generation, FPAI said,
“Young people and their sexual and reproductive health needs have emerged as one of the priority areas in the SRH sector. Young people often lack the information and agency to exercise their sexual and reproductive rights. Young people often lack the information and agency to exercise their sexual and reproductive rights. The use of technology, therefore offers a multitude of opportunities to promote youth sexual and reproductive health, prevention of unplanned pregnancies, better management of menstrual hygiene and menstruation-related disorders.”
The Innovation Challenge is specially designed to invite ideas from young entrepreneurs on an issue that concerns them firsthand. The program promises to facilitate the co-creation of technology-based solutions relating to sexuality education, modern contraception, and reproductive healthcare.
Source: PR News Wire